Saturday, October 30, 2004

Garden State

Yesterday I saw a movie that deserves an entry in this blog. Garden State is an independent film written and directed by Zach Braff who also plays the main character. The film is a journey of self appraisal, of homecoming and discovering the beauty of simple life. As the main character learnsmore about himself, he gets caught in a unconventional relationship that develops into a love-story. For me this movie had the optimistic taste of Amelie projected on the current American culture. But probably the main attraction to Garden State is its soundtrack, which I have been listening to for a couple of weeks and it seems to grow on me with every occasion. If you are looking for a movie with a real message take my word and go and see Garden State. Buying the soundtrack wouldn't be a bad idea either!

No comments: