Thursday, July 10, 2008

Latest Romanian adventures


For the past couple of days I've been loafing in my hometown with mom. Since the weather has been pretty moody I've had an excuse to work on a paper I have to submit before Jul 15th. Yesterday morning I finished the bulk of the work, so me and my mom went for a walk through town. I found some really nice shoes which I didn't buy but suggested to my mom as an excellent Christmas gift. We pretty much walked from one end of the city to another in a couple of hours, shopping in a few stores along the way. We then stopped at the supermarket where I bought lots of chocolate and some cheap tasty beer. Catalin, my mom's business associate came to give us a ride back home. On the way home he got stopped by the cops and had his drivers license taken away for 30 days!! Apparently he didn't yield to a pedestrian waiting to cross the street, although this happened in a bumper to bumper situation in 10 mph traffic on the busiest street in town. I don't know if the cops were expecting some bribes and he didn't want to deliver but I think he's going to contest it so the cops will have to show him some video proof of the offense. While we were waiting for the paperwork, the cops stopped 10-15 cars, including all the ones in front and after us. It deffinitely turned out to be one of the most expensive supermarket runs ever.

Today I will go back to my grandparents, say goodbye to them and my uncle and tomorrow morning I will drive myself back to Piatra. On Sunday I am flying back to Boulder, on a 4 stop flight: Bucharest - Frankfurt - Brussels - Washington - Denver.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: