Friday, February 04, 2005

What's happening...

New posts on this blog come in lumps, just like anything in our life. So here's a brief update with what's news for me:
  • I got the offer I wanted from UC Boulder. I don't know the financial details yet, but I am really excited about this oportunity. I can't wait to visit and meet the people.
  • I started working on my research project. I haven't done any calculations yet, but I found some good starting points. I hope it will all come together before the deadline.
  • I looked into my math senior project and I think it's going to be a lot of fun. I am doing the Brouwer fixed point theorem, although I haven't had a topology class, so I am going to learn along the way the concepts needed for the proof.
  • Traian Basescu, the Romanian president, has been excelent so far. This guy really looks like he has a vision and his message and actions so far have been very clear. In a month of presidency he visited Brussels, Moldova, and Great Britain and "shook hands" with all the Romanian public institutions giving them at the same time clear warnings for not doing their jobs.
  • The Romanian Academic Society analyzed the Romanian society, government, economy and foreign policy and produced some sort of prognosis for 2005. It's a very well written document with many pertinent arguments. Here's a link to the pdf. Unfortunately it's only in Romanian for now, but they might have the English version soon on this page.

No comments: