Friday, April 29, 2005

Eurovision

Here's an e-mail I sent to my friends Sarah and Jason because I am too lazy to write a post.

Hey Europe enthusiasts,

In case you didn’t know, Eurovision is a yearly competition between songs from each European country. It is very interesting to see how the style of music picked as best by each country matches their respective cultural, political or economical situations. For example, Ukraine has a rock/rap political song, Turkey a very traditional belly-dancing kind of tune and Sweden competes with a heavily American flashy song. I’ve randomly listened to just a few of them and I think it’s fascinating how diverse they all are. It’s stuff like this that brings admiration / uncertainty to the whole EU idea. Here’s the link if you are so bored that you want to listen to bad European music:

http://www.eurovision.tv

No comments: