Monday, April 18, 2005

Goodbye MIT ..... weeps

Dear Mrs. Brighton,

Thank you and the entire chemistry department for the Ph.D. offer I received from MIT. Unfortunately, I decided to accept the offer from University of Colorado at Boulder, where I will be working with Dr. Steven George in atomic layer deposition. My decision was between MIT, Colorado, UT Austin, and U of Illinois Urbana Champaign.

I was impressed by the chemistry department at MIT. The visitation weekend was helpful in offering me the opportunity to meet with the faculty I was interested in working with. My final decision was based mostly on finding a good research and personality match with an advisor, and Colorado turned out to have the best offer for me.

I am honored to have received the acceptance and great financial offer from the mighty MIT. I hope that somewhere along the way my scientific career will meet again with that of your institution.

Sincerely,

Dragos Seghete

No comments: