Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Savor the Flavor

I just came back from the above named event that took place here in Fayetteville. AYL (some university program) gave out free tickets - worth $30 - so I couldn't miss free food. The idea was to give a sample of the dining scene here in town. 30 restaurants participated and we toured 15 of them. I had a great time and it seemed like a great idea to have the opportunity to restaurant-hop. Because my parents are coming to visit for graduation in a week I have to note down some impressions for the new restaurants that I stopped by tonight:

Ozark Mountain Smokehouse - I voted it the BEST
  • incredible atmosphere, cute patio, great Sangria, and delicious meat pastry
1936 Cafe/Bistro
  • great shrimp cakes, cool place
Bordino's
  • yummy lasagna, weird setup in the diamond store (Why do people by diamonds anyway?I'll never be able to get married. I am so screwd.)

    Chloe
  • upscale pretentious food, tasty I should add. Not the place where I would go if I was hungry.
Gelateria Scarpino
  • cute edgy place, tiramisu gelatto was da bomb

Hog Haus Brewing Place

  • all they had was schrimp and grits, and I don't like either. We left without trying it and the chef was offended by it. I felt bad. I wanted to try it, for courtesy, but Sarah and Jason decided to leave. And now how do I know if maybe that was the food that would have turned me into a sea-food lover, huh?

Hugo's

  • they had a margarita, but the place looked very American

Jammin Java

  • it looked like the place with the best atmosphere, plus they had the best coffee I've had in town

Loafin Joe's

  • we go there all the time, so nothing new, except the fact that I tried a spicy chicken sandwich that I was hesitant to order before. Very gooooood.

No comments: