Saturday, July 23, 2005

Living expenses

It's a slow Saturday morning and I have nothing better to do than being nerdy. I was curious to see how much it cost me to live in Boulder for a month and a half and what did I spend my money on. I tallied everything up, I looked at my receipts and and my credit card statements and here's the conclusion:

Between June 13 and July 22 I spent a total of $1845 which was broken up as follows:
  • 15.24% food
  • 3.20% clothing
  • 3.25% entertainment - going out, beer, movies
  • 29.10% utilities - rent, cable, electricity
  • 4.34% insurance - car
  • 0.51% transportation - gas + bike expenses
  • 18.08% household - furniture, appliances, cleaning supplies, etc.
  • 15.10% computer - monitor, dvd, memory
  • 0.00% education - books, texts
  • 0.44% health - medicine, hospital visits
  • 7.78% other
I surely spent too much on food, and it looks like the expenses on the household will be high until I get all the stuff that I need for my apartment. Also, the computer expenses were a little steep this month because I needed to make a serious upgrades to my 4 year old beast. Will see what happens next month.

No comments: