Monday, April 19, 2004

On the list

Monday night, a lot of stuff to do, but writing this blog seems a legitimate way to kill some time.

The events in the past 2 days haven't been too tumultous. First, I got half of the Linear Algebra test done. Although it is probably the most work intensive test I have taken here in US, I am very upset at myself when I work on it. I just realize how much ability I have lost and how much numbness and discipline I have gained. I used to look at a math problem for a couple of minutes and understand all its guts, but now it takes forever to get the Ahaaa! On one of the problems that was asking for a proof, although it had instructions and had broken the big proof into steps I still took a couple of wrong paths in a very noobish way.

Beside the struggle with myself at working on that math test, I finally ordered the laptop. Here's what I am going to get, if anybody's interested. There were some glitches with my credit card but I solved them today. The laptop is going to ship tomorrow, so for the next few days I will be checking the shipping status every couple of hours. I know it's not going to get here until Friday or so, but is human nature to have high hopes. Mike admired my self-control on not ordering the Next Day Shipping - extra $30 - but he doesn't realize how poor I am.

Because the name of this blog requires some fuel I will digress for a couple of sentences. I finally realized that this lame online journal can be actually very useful. In a month I will be taking the GRE and in there I have to write two essays, BS essays to be specific. A full month of BS on this blog can only help, so I'd better stick to it and post regularly, massive stinky amounts of Bovine Secretions. Just like this paragraph.

No comments: