Sunday, April 25, 2004

On a mission

It's waaay past my bedtime, but I have to say a few words in here. It feels like I am reporting to Big Brother, but as there is nobody really reading this, the Big Brother is myself. Tomorrow is a big day. If I do well on the in class linear algebra exam I get to skip the final. And well, of course, means A. My computer is here.. yay.. but I am not supposed to get it until Tuesday. It actually arrived by Fedex on Saturday, and apparently they tried to deliver it but the front desk worker must have not been there. However, I am glad I didn't get it before this test, because it would have been a powerful distraction. I can't wait to get it over with 2 of my classes tomorrow (LinAlg and Instrumental Analysis). On Thursday I will take the Film and Architecture finals.

Something not related to school that needs to be mentioned is the dream I had last night. Because U.S. controlled all the oil resources in the world, Russia decided to attack Alaska. A very convenient move because it was very easy to move the troops right accross the border, and the US was not using the Alaskan oil for environmental reasons anyway. In I don't know what circumstances I got drafted for this war with Russia over Alaska. And since the US didn't feel that strongly about defending such a cold undesirable place, they decided to spend the least and didn't equip us very well. So in a reeditting of a North Pole movie, we were striding northern and northern, marching for hundreds of miles in search of the enemy. I really lost track of the story afterward and I woke up with gallons of drule on my pillow. I have 2 explanations for this dream. First, last night I watched a panel discussion about the war in Iraq where 3 soldiers came back home to continue their student life after 1 year of service. They were descrbing the war scene from a very non-Holywood, non-mediatic perspective. The second explanation for my dream is that the AC blows right on my face, so instead of a dream in the hot Iraqi dessert, I was deployed in Alaska.

Enough about dreams, because I have an important mission to complete now. And who knows where I will end up going this time.

No comments: